Friday, May 23, 2008

It's the hollllllls! :D

Kinda.

Anyway, I shall post sth holiday-related! Here're some of the pics of my trip to Hongkong last Dec:

(Took like 500 of them, but don't worry, shall only post the more, eh, interesting ones!)



Eshton & Melanie at the HK airport.

Jellyfishies! Cute.


Free Hugs! Wanted to go over & hug the guy but he was like on the other side of a busy street & we were rushing to i-forgot-where at that time.


Oh. The adults (I went with my church friends & their parents) let us walk around on our own, with no curfew. So my friends & I were like roaming the streets at 2am. Cool. Was so afraid that we'd get lost in this foreign country. Got communication prob somemore. But thank goodness we can write Chinese & they understand simple English.
(Oh, but there was this horrific taxi-driver incident whereby he kept talking to my friends & I agitatedly in Cantonese & we were like ????! Thank goodness he plays charade.)


This is for you, Anghui: Lizards! Sold at a medicine shop.
But seriously, no matter how much I hate lizards, I won't do such a thing to them. =\ A bit sadistic, eh.


Oh, our tour guide brought us to numerous temples (among other places) to touch & pray to all the 'luck gods' which are said to be able to ward off evil, let us strike a fortune and, for the students, get straight As. Etc etc.

When we said we were Christians, he said it "doesn't matter, more gods better", & we can just "pray for fun, can get more luck".

Uh-huh. Yes indeed. But I happen to believe in monotheism?
I will have no other gods before You.
Only You will reign as my heart's King.

But we went anyway, coz we can't like just walk off when we're in the middle of nowhere, right?

It was eye-opening, really. Ohoh, they had this well, in which you throw coins in & try to aim at your desired image, kinda like in an arcade game. They have stuff like love, luck, health, wealth etc. (& yes, there's a grill to keep people from taking the coins.)


Oh, I found this interesting too. In the middle of the temple, there's this small red bridge which brings you across land, yes.



At its entrance, a plague reads:


Each time you cross this bridge you life will be prolonged 3 days.

I crossed it thrice!


Anyway:


Billboards, which are a no-no in Singapore coz it's a safety hazard =O


Vanity plates! Woo. (another thing Singapore prohibits. =/)
This guy (I'm assuming - no girl would like put Supreme on her car, right? Superwoman, maybe...) is some egoist la. Hm. I might put FABULOUS on mine! ;D

(hm, nobody would ever forget plates like these eh... These car owners better not get into hit-and-run cases...)




& we ate wanton mee like almost everyday. I didn't really like it leh.

And lastly, it took me like a billion years to realise that there's actually a word in this:


When, I first saw this, I saw hand signs, shadows and cool contrasts. That's all. =_=

- V for loVe

Have a fab holiday!

No comments: