Thursday, November 15, 2007

Went to Changi Airport, Terminal 3 today with Zhaozhi. They had an Open House. (which made Xinmin Open House seem so.....)

There were these little guided tours in different languages, and the guides held little green/red flags in the hands for, eh, identification purposes? But we didn't join them. We opted for the "Self-Guided Tour" and they gave us this, like, map-booklet thingy which showed us the different stations we could visit. We walked A LOT. I can't believe it, everything was so far yet so near. Far as in, you have to walk one big round just to get to a place which was just a metre away, because: 1) You're not an authorised personnel; 2) It's under construction; 3) Walking is good for your health. I mean, like, reallyyy good.

The entire place was so... vast, and metropolitan. We took photos of everything! Even the toilets. (; Wait, it's ESPECIALLY the toilets. Coz they were so spacious, and I thought I could just live there. I liked the fact that the entire place was energy-efficient, as in the lights in the baby-room only turn on when someone enters, and the escalators only operate when you step on them. It was chic, swanky, classy, state-of-the-art and etc. Expand your vocabulary.

I was thinking, that we don't have to mimic the dreamy European architecture. We could have our own, and make it unique. Which is what T3 is all about. It was impressive, and would have been even more so if everything wasn't so "UNDER CONSTRUCTION. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER". Uh huh.

We had to pay a dollar to enter the Transit Mall, which is like, a haven for the wealthy. Like, VERY wealthy. And they have a butterfly garden there. How naturesque. Oh, and that dollar goes to charity. (: Just like that A380 flight. You know, an airport is no longer a place where airplanes takeoff and land. It's so much more than that now.

Haha, and we talked a lot on the bus. About 10 million-1 theories and the like. (; I shan't write too much now. This is getting a little weird to read. o.0

- V for Vougish

P/S: Oh, and every employee there was smiling at us. How pleasant. (:

EDIT: If you've read Zhaozhi's blog, you might have realised that our content's kinda different, despite us going to the same place and well, doing the same things. She said it was boring, and our lunch was pretty bad, which I agree yeah. And what's more, I had, and still have, 3 blisters. ): But I suppose optimism plays a big part in my blogging. So yeah.

No comments: