Never in my entire Sec 3 life have I been as terrified as on 22 October 2007, when 301 visited the Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve.
from 301 class blog. Christabel's camera!
No, we weren't attacked by crocodiles, neither did we fall into quicksand 3 metres deep. Instead, we had in our possession a shiny, black, S$1000 tablet PC, which was about half the size of a normal laptop.
And I, almost, accidentally lost the lens of the PC's webcam, which meant that I would have to pay that 1K!!! My entire group was so terrified ok, we were like, "OH MY GOSH, WHERE OH WHERE IS THE LENS??!" and launched into ultimate frantic-mode.But - we found it in the end, thanks to Gracie & her keen eyesight! Hurrah.
(I tell boring narratives, I know.)

My lovely group members. I was the LEADER, can you believe it?! A lit student, leader of a geog group at a geog field trip. xD What a joke! And OH YES. What's more, I did 90% of that geog worksheet ok! And I can now confidently educate you on pencil roots and their various functions. :D Oh, Anghui was very 'high' throughout the entire trip. Haha.
But nevertheless, in an attempt at self-defence, I maintain that it was not my fault that the lens went a-missing. The warning given on the proper handling of the lens was unclear, ok! The guy said, "To focus your webcam, turn the lens. But do not turn it too hard, or else it would drop." (something like that?)
He said 'hard', but from my personal experience (=.=), I would say that he had actually meant 'too many times'. Coz the webcam had this screw mechanism thing which is hard to explain on blogs. Ah anyway, the main point is - IT WASN'T MY FAULT THAT THE LENS WAS BEING EXTREMELY DISOBEDIENT AND UNCOOPERATIVE! IT CHOSE TO FALL OFF, AND EVEN IF I HAD BEEN VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL, IT'D STILL HAVE A MIND OF ITS OWN AND FALL OFF!
Nah, just joking. It was my fault, I'm terribly sorry.
The PC was more important than us, anyway. We had to shield it from light drizzles which came and went as they pleased (the umbrellas were so troublesome...), and guard it with our life. (Personally, I don't think it served much purpose la. Such an expensive item, thrust into our less-than-ideal care, and all it did was to vocalise whatever was written on the notes... I can do that too!) I know Anghui was feeling really stressed and pressurised coz she had to take care of that tablet, and could not adequately enjoy the sights and sounds of Sungei Buloh. (see? Another 'con' of the awesome, high-tech tablet PC.)
If you thought that their hand-actions & facial expressions looked like they were choreographed by me, then haha, you're right, coz they were! ;) I do such things all the time...
So anyway, I felt that the trail was like, so short! It was only 500m... The class had dispersed and everyone was walking around with their own individual groups. My group walked about 2+ rounds before realising that we were "lost". As in, we were suddenly alone on the Boardwalk (the wooden pathway cutting through the Mangroves), and it was pretty nerve-wrecking. Yes. Shan't elaborate or else this post'll drag wayyyy too long. Turned out the rest of the class was at some tranquil place where there were large bodies of water and archer fish shooting spurts of water at them. Some other part of Sungei Buloh, I presume, but my group wasn't able to go there with them... (see la, they were apparently led astray by their capable leader.)
But we spent our solitude well, and actually spotted many creatures, like cute baby mudskippers and crabs! And took photos, and a longgg leisurely walk round and round the Boardwalk, singing songs to the flora and fauna there...
I think they were disturbed.
That's Huiting far behind, towards the left. I'm sure you can recognise the other two... Beams of light were shining down upon them!
Oh, and did I mention that the cicadas (a brown insect) there were soooo noisy. The males make that shrill incessant noise of theirs to attract the females. We should set up a Matchmaking Agency for them! They need it...
You know, I mistook a brown leaf for a mushroom.
& Huiting mistook a dandelion for a spider.
It was so hilarious seeing(hearing) Huiting scream her guts out at an innocent white dandelion, which had landed on me. =.= xD
And before we left, we donated to The what's-its-name Fund, which helps to conserve the wetlands in Singapore. :) The box was neglected & empty, you know, before we put our cash in...
Okay! End of journal entry!
~
Oh oh! Look! This is Anghui holding the product of both our successful (yay!) titrations. That orange juice is actually water + sodium phosphate (if I'm not wrong) =X
& that's Huiting's shoe at the bottom left-hand corner of the pic...
~
No, that'd be an overstatement, but I can't think of a more appropriate word right now, so yeah.
But don't worry, I won't complain to you laaaaaaaaaa. ;D It's a super duper long post already, and I don't wanna put you to sleep. :)
See ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment