Xinthesis II was very exhausting, but it was a good, interesting & eventful experience. The place is ultra well-equipped! They have cool lighting & interesting curtain functions. The day in summary: (I shall write whatever comes to mind first)
- I stumbled an unforgivable amount of times! :( :( :( It really wasn't good. Didn't do as ideally as I had hoped... Was feeling very terrible about it backstage. & halfway through the programme, I just didn't feel like continuing & was feeling quite exasperated with myself. Ah well. But I was ok towards the end. (: & oh, I wasn't really smiling during the last part & was quite fidgety, right? Was having a headache! Must be the suffocating collar, tsk tsk. (But anyway, I think my smile looks fake on stage.)
- I think I got the wrong blazer. It was uncomfortable, gave me a strange bulky physique (unglam -.-) , & had me feeling a bit self conscious. Xinyu looked good, though. ;D
- Did I sound like a guy? The teachers said I had to lower my voice coz during rehearsal it was apparently too high & didn't sound good on the mic. What, was it squeaky or sth?? o.o -.- But hm, come to think of it, most deejays have low voices. It sounds more mature & professional, perhaps?
- I was glad the theatre's aircon was working well. It was very stuffy at VCH during Xinfony, I rmb! Mad, Unique & I were fanning ourselves madly then. Haha. Very unglam.
- One teacher was very much like an active volcano & kept erupting at the littlest of things. I think he was stressed? Hm. Media Club was the worst hit, really. Poor them.
- Did you know that there were 80 VIPS?
- The heavenly fairies call me "jie jie", even though we're the same age/they're older. Haha. We talked a lot about Xinmin. (in English - I think they kinda got the idea that my responses would be drastically shortened if I were to speak in Chinese, yes.) They're really cute. & funny. ;D
- Thank you for the roses! They're prettaye. ;D
- Josie, in her yellow plum-blossom costume, heavy makeup & long plastic red nails: "I look like a drag queen. I look like a drag queen. I look like a drag queen. Valerie, tell me - do I look like a drag queen???!"
- Called Eliz during rehearsal time. She was on the bus. Chatted about random stuff. Haha, it was fun. Xinyu was making-up beside me, eavesdropping. (gasp!)
- Yes, that oh-no-the-Guest-of-Honour-hasn't-arrived-yet-but-we're-all-standing-and-clapping-away incident. I found it quite funny actually, haha. But Xinyu was apparently experiencing a mixture of irritation & awkwardness. We were cued in too early! It was a rather queer experience.
- I felt a lot more nervous reading backstage than in front - strange. Was sitting in a corner reading in the dark with little torch lights. Haha. The mics were hard to turn on coz the switches were so tiny! & you've gotta use your nail, & a lot of effort, to flick 'em on.
- Chinese dance transfixes people...
- Took lame pictures with Anghui, Madelene, Eliz & Huiting at the end of the day. We were waiting for Anghui's dad (thankyou!) to come pick us up. Eliz was a victim of my photography. Mwahahaha. It was fun, taking unglam (I know I use this word a lot but dictionary.com says there's no synonym!) pics of her! Yay. Reached home on Friday at 0015h.
- The Chinese Drama members (all Sec 3 PRC scholars) really left a lasting impression on me. They helped me find my lost hanger (the school's, actually...) despite being in a rush for their bus. So many of them stopped to ask what was happening and volunteered to help me search. They were all super concerned, & were asking passersby if they saw the hanger & such. Hm, come to think of it, they were much more concerned than I was, actually. They were telling me not to worry, and that they would find it soon. I was very very touched, coz they were already late & had already left the backstage (the hanger was initially in their dressing room), but still stopped to help me. We did find it eventually. It was in their trash bag. Haha. Thank you so so much. It really made my day/night.
(Though there was a little miscommunication on what a hanger was initially... Ain't it 衣架? o.0 I had to describe it as "the triangle thing"...
Not the best definition ever, but at least he understood.)
TGIF!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment