Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dedicated to Xinyu.

Wednesday:

I know I'm like really belated in saying this, but Melizo the Fourth was FANTABULOUS. For both the performers and the audience. Was in a trance and living in its shadow the day after...

I wanna relive it all over again! And if I could I wouldn't wanna change a thing. Well, maybe one thing. I wish that anti-climatic "Have a good night *5 seconds of silence*" ending didn't happen. Was dying up on stage. And during that painful silence Aunty Olivia, who was beside me, just stared at me apathetically and made one of those sounds which doesn't really have a word for it. It was kinda like a cross between "awwww" and "ohhhh". Yeah. Then she smirked. Ha. (;

I surprised myself by being not at all nervous when emceeing. It just felt like I was talking to little people in the dark or sth? o.0 Steph and Rachel were shaking and all though! Poor them. But they still did fabulously, I think :D Great. I suppose my parents being in the first few rows and waving frantically at me helped to calm me down a lot. (I doubt anyone who had seen them before would have missed them la. It was quite funny actually, and I felt like LOL halfway though reading!) & Ziyuan and Steph breaking out into that "Tuo Diao" song right before we went onstage, making me laugh. & the many people who encouraged me and "Go Val!"-ed me before that. Thanks soooo much.

The seniors were bustling around trying to help, which made me feel sec 1 all over again. Should've acknowledged them, though it wasn't in the script. They seriously made a huge diff.

Xinyu was the 2nd person I saw. She was sitting beside her Very Good Friend (VGF) and waving meekly. Haha. VGF kept pointing here and there, and holding a rather aimless gaze. Then I saw Celina, and Vall, and Zhaozhi, and the entire 205'06 colony. Which was cool.

I made a mock O= face at Xinyu and Anghui on stage, which I kinda regret now. Just hope nobody saw it? Or even if they did, I pray that they thought I was yawning or sth. =X

Thanks you-know-who-you-ares for the huas and qiao ke lis! With love.

Oh, during the first half, the guy beside me (identify yourself now...) kept talking and talking! During the break between songs. I was mortified and kept trying to shush him but he either didn't hear me OR didn't care OR thought I was talking to Shirley.

Before every song started there'd be someone hurriedly whispering, "eh, what's the next song ah?" Which totally proves the (not-that-)secret hypothesis I've held all my life - nobody listens to the emcees. Like, really. Emcees are just there for the sake of being there. They make some noise and cue people on when to clap and arise and etc. Nobody, and I really mean Nobody, listens to them. Ok, maybe some do, but not like with unwavering attention, and totally absorbing every single word they say, right? Not that I'm hurt/insulted or anything. I'm perfectly fine with it actually, coz it's like, normal. & everyone does it, including me. (:

(I had intended to blog about Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday + include photos. But no, I won't coz:
- I can remotely sense your boredom.
- Maths homework is beckoning. I must respond.)

So yes. Goodnight and Happy Easter!

- V for Venn

No comments: