Oh man, ok, blog blog. I'll blog about... Thailand, k? And other weird stuff.
Yes, so rumour has it that I was there protesting. Yes, and wearing yellow too - my fav colour (; Seriously, the newspapers advised us to not wear colours that "associated with any particular political group" lest you be tragically mistaken by angry people.
Some (really really random) pictures, not in chronological order.
(I'll most probably like post about my trip in bite-sized portions? Like, some pictures, plus a bit of writing every day or sth...)
Btw, we took like 879 pictures!! O: But don't worry, I'm not gonna put all of them up la.
Getting a flight back home was hard. We went down to the Thai Airways office a couple of times and every time there was this huge crowd. Ok, so it doesn't look really crowded from here coz I was sitting at an empty space far from civilisation... But yeah, even if you do get a ticket the first time, which was already very hard in the first place, the flight could still very well end up getting CANCELLED (it happened to us) due to "unpredictable circumstances"... Very tragic indeed.
The Thai Tourism Board (not its real name - perhaps it was a classier Authority rather than a mere Board, I can't rmb) felt bad and gave stranded tourists free food and accommodation. They pay the hotels for us. Ours had 4 stars, not bad huh :) Here's sister is the very very very cold pool. Fyi, her swimsuit's new :)

Yeah then there was this whole Tuk Tuk thing. My sister really liked sitting in them. This one belongs to the hotel. If Tuk Tuks were cars this would be the Mercedes Benz. It's like the Queen (sorry, sexist eh?) of all Tuk Tuks la. It was so comfy and spacious and had 2 seats (most of 'em only have one) and was so clean and the floor was carpeted! O:
This weird sign was seen in the airport after it opened. Bad English and shady meaning aside, it just doesn't reassure travellers la! I'm sure they (the travellers) wouldn't wanna visit that airport anytime soon... And besides, the name very hard to pronounce la!~
I feel that in hotels, one suddenly becomes really really friendly. Smiling at strangers comes so naturally... And I've discovered, that lifts are really good places for small talk... ...
"Hey hi."
"Hi."
"Where're you guys from?"
"Singapore."
"Ohhh, Singapore! I love that place. So clean."
" :) And where're you from?"
"Australia/Germany/Hongkong/France/Brazil/USA."
"Oh okay. So when are you flying back?"
"Not too sure. You?"
"Same."
*The lift stops at your level and abruptly cuts short your lovely little conversation*
"Bye."
"Take care."
Ahhhh, that was so typical ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment