Ahhhhh.
Chinese New Year. -feels sick-
Funny thing, I was actually feeling happy
when I realised that CNY was approaching. You know, the pineapple tarts with pineapple spilling from its crust, the horrifying eat-me-and-put-on-more-and-more-weight sweets, the awfully sinful soft drinks, and
of course, the drink-me-and-get-drunk-cause-it-would-only-mean-you'd-be-way-
happier-than-you-are-
right-now.
Oh heck. It's because of the holidays.
Okay, I'd admit it. I'm cheap.
My CNY was practically wasted away, this year. After the horrifying time I had during visitation last year, oh man, I decided that I wouldn't go this year.
What happened?
1) My baby cousin was sick, and he puked all over me at the second house we were visting. Nice way to start the new year, by giving off the most disgusting and pungent smell ever recorded in history. Thanks.
2) Some people thought I wasn't a kid, and didn't give me the ANGBAO. o.0
3) I was down with fever and throat infections.
4) I stupidly soaked my jeans in the water for an hour, FORGETTING THAT I LEFT MY HANDPHONE IN THE POCKET.
5) Lost money playing blackjack. Cards don't like me, especially during the new year.
I gotta say, the highlight of last year's CNY was really the baby puke all over me.
Talk about looking at people with a whole new perspective.
Frankly, this CNY was pretty boring for me. Yeah, I dressed up and all, with the horrible make-up making my skin prone to breakouts.
THEN. Ahh. My dentist appointment was just a day before the CNY celebrations.
GUESS WHAT SHE DID.
She put moulds at the back of my teeth, (the molars), cause she said I was biting down on my braces, which would snap off, which meant, my teeth would never straighten.
T.T So here I am, sitting in front of my computer, typing on the computer screen, feeling starved.
Irony, isn't it?
CNY is supposedly the time where we eat and gorge ourselves and get drunk and all.
I, on the other hand, am starving and sitting at my computer in a pathetic attempt to curb my hunger. Why?
BECAUSE I CAN'T CHEW.
My life rocks.
Really.
Never been better.
Oh, and I don't like people.
Especially the during CNY.
All they ever talk about is how you've grown bigger.
Example?
A distant relative: AIYO, AH GIRL AHH. SO BIG ALREADY HAH. LAST TIME I SEE YOU YOU STILL SO SMALL SMALL ONE LEHH.-lowers her hand to a height I suppose I used to stand at-
Me: Ahh. It's been a while.
A distant relative: Come come! Stand next to me! See how tall you are!
Me: -stands next to her- (In chinese) Bi ni gao jiu dui le. :D
Then I proceed to break my food into nano-sized pieces to eat.
Another.
(Dude, I have too many distant relatives, man.)
Another distant relative: AAAHHH. AH GIRL AHH! NEVER COME MY HOUSE VISIT ME TODAY HAH.
Me: Er. Yeah, had something on. ( I really did, it's not an excuse. :D)
Another distant relative: OHHH. Okayokay. Come, I give you angbao! :D
I love her. She gave me so much. -shameless- XD
Another.
Another distant relative: OMG, YOU LOOK SO DIFFERENT NOW!
Me: Yeah. I know. ( I'm like this tape recorder, rewind, play, rewind, play.)
Another distant relative: AIYO, YOU LOOK A LOT LIKE YOUR BROTHER LEH!
Me: -.- Yeah, I know.
Another distant relative: AH GIRL AHH. COME COME. I GIVE YOU ANGBAO.
Then she drags me to where her handbag is, rummaging through her bag for the angbao, while I stand there, glaring at my dad who is laughing hysterically at me.
Urgh.
CNY is such a drag.
Seriously, get a new topic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment