Happy Birthday to my tall and pretty friend, Xinyu! :D
So, I had my Grade 7 piano exam yesterday and it went pretty badly, I thought. I think it’s my worst exam so far. Was quite disappointed. :\ The scales were especially bad. I think about 7 to 10 scales were tested in the exam. And just for the fun of it, I decided to count how many scales I had to know (and practise religiously every day) in total.
So after summing everything up (D major staccato and D major legato I counted as one) (chromatic scales which can begin on any note I also counted as one scale)… I discovered, to my shock and horror, that there was a whopping grand total of 97 scales I needed to know.
NINETY-SEVEN LEH…… And 4 octaves for each scale except 2 somemore. That’s like almost insane can… No wonder I always took so long to practise… -.-
Anyway, thanks for all your support! So glad I met Angeline Goh before the exam too :) And while I was waiting to enter the exam room, I saw through the glass panel my piano teacher and my mom outside, praying for me together - which really tugged at my heartstrings and made me tear.
P.S. Sharonmoo took Grade 1 last month and we received news today that she got a Merit. Yay, well done! :)
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment